NEXT APPLICATION PERIOD ENDS AUGUST 17, 2020, FOR RESIDENCIES TAKING PLACE BETWEEN FEBRUARY 1ST AND JULY 30TH, 2021.
***Please note that we now have 2 calls per year to our short term residency programs. We are testing this method with the hopes that it will permit artists to have more confirmed details to support their applications.
In the spirit of resource-sharing, the Centre de Création O Vertigo (CCOV) offers dance artists exclusive, short-term access to its studio resources, providing optimum conditions for intensive research and creation development.
If you are interested in a residency between August 1, 2020 – January 31, 2021, please apply to the Feb 10, 2020 deadline.
If you are interested in a residency between February 1, 2021 – July 31, 2021, please apply to the August 17, 2020 deadline.
The CCOV annually awards between 2-4 technical residencies and 7-10 simple residencies (depending on studio availability). It is our intention, within the limits of available studio space, to equally divide the total number of annual residencies between the two periods listed above.
The application period for Fall 2020 residencies is now closed. If you are interested in a residency between February 1, 2021 – July 31, 2021, please stay tuned for the call for projets this summer!
• 1 week exclusive access to our 2800 sq.ft. studio: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday
• Access to CCOV’s communal spaces: kitchen, change room, showers, Wi-Fi.
• Access to a sound system, basic lighting for rehearsals (general lighting), and a black dance floor (40’ x 40’ marley)
Certain conditions regarding the use of the premises and equipment apply for all residencies and will be specified in a written agreement between the“Centre de Création O Vertigo” and the artist.
A selection committee consisting of artistic curator Andrew Tay and 4 other members of the Montreal dance community will evaluate all applications. The principal selection criteria are:
• The project’s artistic quality and the demonstrated need for a residency;
• Please note that the availability of the CCOV studio on the proposed dates will also be a factor taken into consideration.
Obligations: Artists must mention the CCOV in all promotional documents throughout the presentation process.