APPLICATIONS TILL 26 March 2024
K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg and Centre de Création O Vertigo – CCOV are offering an International Residency Exchange.
From July through September, two choreographers (one from Quebec and one from Germany) will shadow each other by engaging in feedback & dialogue as each pursues an individual creative project. A series of online encounters scheduled early in the process will serve to determine common areas of interest and lay a foundation of trust for the program’s duration. The Quebec choreographer will spend four weeks in Hamburg (August 2024), and the German choreographer will spend four weeks in Montreal (September 2024). The host organizations will support the choreographers by helping coordinate a variety of activities that respond to their individual interests. This could take the form of workshops, sharing sessions, and networking activities.
CCOV is looking for a choreographer to take part in this exchange. Applicants must be available for the following:
- A series of online meetings in June & July;
- To travel & work in Germany during the month of August;
- Approximately four in-person meetings in Montreal in September
- An online review meeting in October.
Eligible participants will be residents of Quebec who are legally entitled to work in Canada. The CCOV and K3 are interested in offering this residency to independent professional choreographers for whom this would be one of their first international research residencies. The successful candidate will present a strong individual research project while explaining their interest & motivation to engage in the exchange of ideas with a peer from Germany.
Details of the exchange
- June / July : A series of online meetings to introduce all participants, identify common interests, and determine schedules.
- August (4 weeks): Quebec choreographer in Hamburg. Studio and housing will be provided by K3. Quebec artist will have weekly meetings with their German peer.
- September (4 weeks): German choreographer in Montreal. Studio and housing will be provided by CCOV.
- October : Post-mortem meeting (on-line) with all participants to evaluate results.
CCOV will provide round trip travel from Montreal to Hamburg and will provide the choreographer with a fee of 4000 CAD for their participation.
Note – Peer-to-peer exchange is a key element of this program. While in-person and on-line meetings will be encouraged whenever possible, we are interested to explore different forms of communication that lead to practice-sharing and constructive feedback. These ideas will be developed in concert with the interests and availability of all participants.
As K3 and CCOV will co-select the artists, applications should be in English.
Please send us in a PDF document:
- A letter of motivation that includes a description of your residency objectives, the focus of your research and why you are interested in engaging with a peer from Germany (max. 1 page),
- An up-to-date CV;
- Up to 5 video links with passwords (if necessary) and instructions for viewing.
Please send your questions and application to: email@example.com
The CCOV is committed to the principle of employment equity and equal access to creative resources. We strongly encourage women, racialized minorities, Indigenous people, people with disabilities and people from LGBTQIA2S+ to apply.
* Please note that the exchange is subjected to positive third-party funding that is expected and this decision may affect the project.